Being Financially Literate - diverted cyberlife of a political life planner

Sunday, August 03, 2008

Being Financially Literate

I have a friend named Drew na madalas nyang sabihin at hindi mawawala sa kanya na bigkasin na "wala ko pera di tulad mo mayaman". Hindi ako mayaman na tao and hindi din ako pinanganak na mayaman, sometimes we encounter also financial problems and nawawala or nashoshort din ako sa pera, but not to myself saying those words "wala ako pera" dahil sa ating mga Pilipino, if we think positive or negative things, that things will attract to you. So if I say to myself always "wala ako pera" , negative things will attract me.

Yesterday, Virna and I opened an account to a mutual fund company, where also Bo Sanchez and Francisco Colayco invested. Mas pinili namin na magsave sa mutual fund instead of ordinary savings bank dahil sa ilang pagkakaiba nito. And as part of preparing for the future, I think it will be a good start.

On our conversation..

Mutual Fund Employee: Kung may anak na kayo, yung investment nyo puwede ninyong ilipat sa kanya as a trust account kapag 18 years old na sya.

Me: Wala pa naman.


When we filled up the form and she photocopied our IDs. And noticed our surnames, she asked "Are you living together?".

I said "No pa".

She said, "because puwede naman palitan ni mam yung surname nya if ever."

I said "Ah ok, well soon sige" :)

And she smiled, The whole time na she explaining about the mutual fund investment and company, she thinks Virna and I already married.


Regarding the mutual fund Investment, I highly recommend Bo Sanchez book's "8 Secrets of Truly Rich" and "Francisco Colayco Blog"

The 8 Secrets of Truly Rich is not about all money or investments, it's also discuss "how we Filipino think ourselves as a poor person"

No comments: